[IronPython] Any have one good reason to use .NET Framework v2.0 with IronPython

J. Merrill jvm_cop at spamcop.net
Thu Jun 2 17:54:36 CEST 2005

At 03:26 PM 5/31/2005, Luis Carrillo wrote
>Why I need to update the .NET Framework v2.0 with revisions 50215,
>knowing that this version is BETA!!, I work with v1.2, and I don't
>need one upgrade yet.
>Why not work it?? with early versions of .NET or give more options to
>downloads, like IronPython 0.7.5 to .NET Fram.. v.1.0 or v.1.2,
>Thanks 4 your time when u reply me...

Version 1.2 ??  It's even more BETA than 2.0

See  http://weblogs.asp.net/kdente/archive/2003/06/12/8627.aspx

Why do you think 1.2 (which most people think is in essence 2.0 with a different version number), instead of the very recently released 2.0 beta 2, is superior?

J. Merrill / Analytical Software Corp