[IronPython] Ironpython 0.7 released! [mono?]

Terry L. Triplett terry at triplett.org
Thu Mar 24 21:50:05 CET 2005

> <jeffg at activestate.com> wrote:
> > Has anyone tried this with Mono, on OS X or Linux?
>
> 0.7 requires .Net 2.0, which Mono isn't up to yet.

Although not that far off.  Today's 1.1.5 release includes the following
statement:

Summary of C# 2.0 features supported

Today Mono 1.1.5's C# compiler supports anonymous methods, iterators, partial
classes, static classes, covariance and contravariance, property accessor
accessibility, fixed size buffers and inline warning control from the 2.0
specification. Generics, Nullable Types are supported as well on the branched
`gmcs' compiler (included).

Still missing for full 2.0 support: namespace alias qualifier, external
assembly alias and friend assemblies.

Having said that, the IronPythonConsole runs on my Gentoo Linux machine using
yesterday's Mono subversion snapshot.  I get the prompt, and can run *very*
simple things (like a 2-liner that calculates and prints the golden ratio),
but it chokes on just about everything else at the moment.