[IronPython] Ironpython 0.7 released!

Joe Mason joe at notcharles.ca
Fri Mar 25 18:43:01 CET 2005

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 04:03:47PM +0100, Paolo Molaro wrote:
> On 03/24/05 Jim Hugunin wrote:
> > Are there any problems that you have with the terms of the IronPython
> > license, or is it just the lack of the OSI stamp?  I think the terms of

<snip>

> > the license are both clear and quite open.  If it's just a matter of the
> > OSI stamp, I'm not going to be much help there.  You should give this
>
> The license looks like a free software license at first sight, though
> more people should look at it and give legal advice, of course. I think
> point 2 should be clarified:

That's the main problem - there are already a ton of Open Source
licenses that have been scrutinized, including ones with the patent
clause and similar.  What is it that you're trying to do that isn't
covered by one of these?  Using an existing license (OSI certified or
not) saves confusion because people don't have to waste as much time
scrutinizing your license before they can jump in and start
contributings, if they recognize it they'll already know what the
ramifications are.

Joe