[IronPython] Ironpython 0.7 released!

Ian MacLean ianm at ActiveState.com
Sat Mar 26 03:38:39 CET 2005

Paolo Molaro wrote:

>On 03/24/05 Jim Hugunin wrote:
>

>>IronPython is going to be run as a very transparent and interactive
>>project.  I expect to have lots of active discussions with our user
>>

>I suggest you use this mailing list as the primary communication channel
>(besides being very slow, the gotdotnet forum requires .NET passport).
>

>>process online.  In our first day of release we've already had 6 bugs
>>filed in the bug database and 5 of them are now marked fixed.  To really
>>

>It's unfortunate the bug tracker requires .NET passport (even to only
>view the filed bugreports).

+1 on both of these. No offence but gotdotnet is a fairly crappy
collaborative dev environment. Mailing lists have the advantage of being
a push medium - ie we don't have to go and check the forum every time
somthing is updated.
Its curious that after the Wix and wtl projects decided to use
sourceforge IronPython is going to gotdotnet. Understandably MS has an
interest in promoting gotdotnet. It would be nice if it were made a bit
more usable first.

Ian