[IronPython] Ironpython 0.7 released!

J. Merrill jvm_cop at spamcop.net
Tue Mar 29 04:49:58 CEST 2005

At 07:49 PM 3/28/2005, Sriram Krishnan wrote (in part)
>What's the difference between signing up for a Passport to file bugs and
>signing up in the Mozilla bugzilla to file bugs?

I have to use a Passport to download from MSDN.  If I then go to GotDotNet, it will either recognize my MSDN "identity" or not, using techniques that are not well documented, with little if any info available to me about how to control it.

If I somehow turn off my MSDN Passport and get to use a different Passport when I access GotDotNet, then I go to a commercial web site that supports Passport, it will either recognize my MSDN "identity" or my GotDotNet "identity", or neither; maybe it will know about both.  This is again done using techniques that are not well documented, with little if any info available to me about how to control it.

If I sign in to Mozilla with an email address, they tell me that they won't use it for anything else.  I tend to believe that.

If you want to have a single identity on the net, Passport works for you.  If I don't, it doesn't work as well for me as it does for you.

J. Merrill / Analytical Software Corp