[IronPython] IronPython compilation with mono

Marek Kubica pythonmailing at web.de
Tue Mar 29 20:06:01 CEST 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:18:02 -0800
"Jim Hugunin" <jimhug at microsoft.com> wrote:

> I picked IronPythonConsole at the very start of the project knowing
> that it would be so bad that I'd have to change it eventually.  As
> someone else pointed out, ipython is already in use.  'ironpy' is the
> most appealing of your list of options.  Does anyone have a better
> suggestion?
ironpy is good, but I also like fepy or fepython :)

> Do you have a problem with the .exe at the end of the name or just the
> length of IronPythonConsole?
To me it would be better having no .exe, but the bigger issue is the
lenght of the IronPythonConsole. It could be symlinked to another name,
but better simply provide a shorter name. And well, having a shorter
name is better also on Windows, my system hat a real long %PATH% with
all kinds of programs, so I would dislike typing IronPythonConsole
instead of ironpy os something similar.

greets,
Marek