[IronPython] IronPython compilation with mono

jeff griffiths jeffg at ActiveState.com
Tue Mar 29 20:45:07 CEST 2005

Marek Kubica wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:18:02 -0800
> "Jim Hugunin" <jimhug at microsoft.com> wrote:
>

>>I picked IronPythonConsole at the very start of the project knowing
>>that it would be so bad that I'd have to change it eventually.  As
>>someone else pointed out, ipython is already in use.  'ironpy' is the
>>most appealing of your list of options.  Does anyone have a better
>>suggestion?
>
> ironpy is good, but I also like fepy or fepython :)

if this helps at all, the first thing I did on my Mac after getting 0.6
running last summer was to symlink /usr/bin/fepy to a shell script:

#!/bin/bash
mono /path/to/IronPythonConsole.exe

...or something. So to me, 'fepy' *is* IronPython.

JeffG