[IronPython] Array Access Problem

Sriram Krishnan sriramk at gmail.com
Thu May 5 21:02:14 CEST 2005

 >However, any time that I think about changing an invariant of the Python
language I get rather nervous about the
> ramifications...

One ramification that I can instantly think of is looping over an array of
valuetypes. On more than one occasion, doing a foreach over an array of
structs in C# has bitten me

People would break their heads trying to find the bug with this piece of
code (assuming that this change is implemented)

 for point in apt:
    point.X = point.X + 1 #do something with the point struct

But frankly, I can't see how you can fix this.Valuetypes are going to take
some getting used to for Pythonistas

Thanks,
Sriram