[IronPython] 'out' parameters

Nick Jacobson nicksjacobson at hotmail.com
Wed May 11 08:08:20 CEST 2005

How will IronPython deal with functions that, in C#, use an 'out' variable?

For example, in Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D, this function exists:

public bool CheckCooperativeLevel(out int result);

If I call this from IronPython, there's no way that the value of result
would be modified, right?  But it needs to be changed within the function
CheckCooperativeLevel, and I need to get the result back!