[IronPython] Road Map for IronPython

Bob Arnson ironpython at bobs.org
Thu May 12 06:52:35 CEST 2005

Closer to the former.<g> Obviously, it's a highly iterative project, so
releases can easily build up functionality in whatever order is important.
Python projects with syntax highlighting would be easy. IntelliSense is
harder, mostly because of Python's dynamic typing, not VS itself. I'm not
sure what's involved with a debugger, though it's a lot easier to hook up a
managed language into the existing managed debugger (than wiring up a custom
native debugger). Build support would be writing an MSBuild task, once
there's a compiler.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/extend/ is the SDK home page. You have to
register to download it, but it's free to do so. Sometime soon there will be
a documentation update my team did, which contains a bunch of updated topics
on managed language services.

  _____