[IronPython] IronPython 0.9.4 released
Martin.Maly at microsoft.com
Thu Nov 3 22:54:56 CET 2005
Hello IronPython community,
we have just released IronPython 0.9.4. The biggest change is implementation of static compilation (IronPython.Hosting.Compiler), a component that compiles multiple sources into the single executable.
As a response to requests we have been getting recently, we are also including an IronPython tutorial with the 0.9.4 release. Check out the Tutorial directory!
Since the .NET Frameworks 2.0 has released and is publicly available for download, IronPython is now built and depends on the final release of .NET Frameworks 2.0.
More improvements include:
* __del__ is supported on old style classes.
* time.time() is fixed to report time correctly
* few smaller parser fixes (try and print statement parsing)
* various module kinds (built-in, python module and "sys") now have the same type
* ReflectOptimizer doesn't handle System.Single fix
* string fixes - we added missing methods and fixed those that didn't work as expected.
We also enabled some more regression tests to run. Test_string runs without changes and few with variety of changes to allow us to run the test while we add missing features and fix bugs: test_str, test_set, test_exceptions, test_grammar.
There are many of you who contributed to this release and we thank you:
Nicholas Jacobson, Anthony Tarlano, Michael Shilman, Chris Trimble, Ray Djajadinata
You can download the 0.9.4 release from:
Thanks and keep in touch
The IronPython team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ironpython-users