[IronPython] Alternative to ironpythonconsole.exe

Szymon Kobalczyk s.kobalczyk at softwaremind.pl
Fri Nov 4 23:17:51 CET 2005

Hello all,

Attached is my attempt to create console for IronPython in WinForms. It
uses the RunInteractive() method on PythonEngine and provides itself as
an IConsole. Hence, this one runs in a single process.

The RunInteractive executes it's own loop and I had to run it in
background thread so it doesn't block the UI. The requests for input and
output messages are marshaled between these two threads.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to redirect standard console output to my
windows so you want see any results that are normally shown on the
console. So what's the point then? Well, it shows some way to run and
provide input to the engine and I hope someone already has a solution to
redirect outputs. Oh, and it supports history ;-)

Szymon Kobalczyk.