[IronPython] Is this memory leak ?

Szymon Kobalczyk s.kobalczyk at softwaremind.pl
Fri Nov 4 23:57:00 CET 2005

Sorry to bother you again.

>x = compile("2+2", "<string>", "eval")
>for i in xrange(123456789):
>    eval(x)

In this code, what object is assigned to the x var? Can I just store it
by calling PythonEngine.Evaluate once than invoke multiple times passing
it as variable:

PythonEngine engine = new PythonEngine();
object x = engine.Evaluate("compile('2+2', '<string>', 'eval')");

and somewhere else

PythonEngine engine2 = new PythonEngine();
engine2.SerVariable("x", x);
object result = engine.Evaluate("eval(x)");

Besides, my scripts are not always simple expressions. Sometimes there
are multiple statements and thats why I mostly use PythonEngine.Execute
method. Would the compile function also handle such case? (I guess the
kind argument would should be 'exec' then)

Szymon.