[IronPython] Writing a service or an Outlook add-in with IP

Keith J. Farmer kfarmer at thuban.org
Wed Nov 9 23:06:02 CET 2005

It's pretty easy to write an NT service using .NET -- there are classes in the framework for this exact thing as well as examples on the web.  I'm not certain, though, if the services are accessed as libraries or as executables, which could potentially complicate matters given the limited support IP currently has for creating libraries.

For Outlook, you'd need VSTO (Visual Studio Tools for Office), I think?  Someone else can probably answer this more authoritatively than I can.