[IronPython] Problem: AllowDrop = True --> DragDrop registration failed

J. de Hooge info at geatec.com
Fri Nov 18 03:00:29 CET 2005

Hi,

In the past months I've been coding quite extensively using previous
versions of IronPython (upto 0.9.3) and the .NET 2.0 framework beta.
One of the things I've been using a lot is drag&drop.

Recently I've downloaded IP 0.9.5 and the "final" .NET 2.0 distribution.
Setting the AllowDrop property of e.g. a Forms.ListView to True now results
in an exception message: DragDrop registration failed.

>From the internet I've gathered that I should change the ApartmentState of
my main thread to STA, using an attribute.
But how can I do that from IP? And why is MTA the default, causing this
problem?

Or is there a different solution.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks