[IronPython] Problem: AllowDrop = True --> DragDrop registrationfailed

John Lam jlam at iunknown.com
Fri Nov 18 03:24:35 CET 2005

MTA is default due to a change in the behavior of the Whidbey CLR.

In earlier versions of the CLR, CoInitializeEx was not called in *most*
cases. So you could tell your thread to enter an STA via a change to
ApartmentState in *most* cases. The default in Whidbey is to put all
threads in the MTA which is more predictable, even at the expense of
breaking applications that manually set the ApartmentState of a thread
after execution has started.

You must declare the COM requirements of the startup thread via an
STAThread attribute in your application's Main() method. I'm not sure
how attributes are supported in IP (I've run into this problem in my
Ruby bridge - and have a non-ideal solution to it as well).

HTH,

-John

http://www.iunknown.com <http://www.iunknown.com/>