[IronPython] WinForms Text Missing

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Mon Nov 28 20:06:34 CET 2005

Thanks for reporting this Davy - this is a regression from our last release related to some changes in our __new__ and __init__ support.  The good news is this only affects classes that have no parameters for their constructors.  The fix is also quite simple; in Objects\ReflectedType.cs you can remove the code:

            if (PythonType.GetMaxArgs(callTarget) == 0) {
                return callTarget.Call();
            } else

In NewMethod.Call(object []args, string []names)

This will be fixed in our next release (0.9.6).