[IronPython] Extension methods...

Thane thane at magna-capital.com
Tue Sep 20 19:26:10 CEST 2005

Yes, Michael, preferred syntax was the point of the examples.  Although this
may simply be a case of "I'm familiar with Python syntax and I'm not
familiar with LINQ", there is a greater similarity between the Python list
comprehension and SQL syntax.  This makes it easy to jump between the SQL
data domain and the Python code domain.  It is interesting that this is one
of the goals of LINQ: to seamlessly integrate these domains.

Admittedly, Anders is right when he says that in SQL "the scope of the
variable flow is backwards".  It is.  I like the fact that using
"from-where-select" allows statement completion (this is a BIG plus for
compilers), while the SQL equivalent of "select-from-where" does not permit
this.

--Thane