[IronPython] Assembly differences in Beta5

Steven Drucker sdrucker at microsoft.com
Thu Apr 6 03:40:38 CEST 2006

With the switch to Beta5, my assembly loading is not working (again).

Among other modules, I'm using the Microsoft Office Interop modules:

I used to be able to do the following:
import clr
import System.Reflection
clr.AddAssembly(System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom('/code/dlls/Microsof
t.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.dll'));
clr.AddAssembly(System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom('/code/dlls/office.d
ll));
import Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint as PP
import Microsoft.Office.Core as Core

now, this says, TypeError, bad args for method (on the AddAssembly line)

I've also used just about every combination of AddReferenceByName,
PartialName, FromFile, LoadAssembly, etc. that I can think of.
None of them work anymore...usually, they crap out on the import.

What's the preferred/correct/possible way of doing this now?
Thanks!
--Steve