[IronPython] Adding a namespace to a python dll

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue Apr 11 17:58:21 CEST 2006

Currently there's no way that you can do this.  This comes back to the old static compilation problem which we don't yet support (we're a CLS consumer currently, not a CLS producer).

If you'd like to interop w/ C# code the best way to do this today would be via interfaces or inheritance from classes defined in C#, and then have the Python code call into the C# code to give C# code objects.  Alternately you can use the hosting APIs to create Python objects from C#.

This is something that we'd like to provide in the future, but the odds are currently in the favor of this shipping in v1.1 rather than v1.0.

Do you want to help develop Dynamic languages on CLR? (http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=6D4754DE-11F0-45DF-8B78-DC1B43134038)