[IronPython] MapPoint COM object?

Gardner Pomper gardner at networknow.org
Mon Apr 17 01:33:55 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to manipulate mappoint from an IronPython script. I tried to do
the COM integration I found in the Tutorial, but it failed. I have copied
what I did into this email. Can someone take a look and tell me what I
should have done?

Thanks!

- Gardner

C:\Program Files\Microsoft MapPoint>tlbimp mpna82.tlb
Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Type Library to Assembly Converter 2.0.50727.42

Type library imported to MapPoint.dll

C:\Program Files\Microsoft MapPoint>\IronPython\IronPythonConsole
IronPython 1.0.2280 (Beta) on .NET 2.0.50727.42
>>> import clr
>>> clr.AddReferenceToFile('MapPoint.dll')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File , line 0, in input##5
  File , line 0, in AddReferenceToFile##6
RuntimeError: Could not add reference to assembly MapPoint.dll