[IronPython] MapPoint COM object?

Jonathan Jacobs korpse-ironpython at kaydash.za.net
Mon Apr 17 12:35:11 CEST 2006

Gardner Pomper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to manipulate mappoint from an IronPython script. I tried to
> do the COM integration I found in the Tutorial, but it failed. I have
> copied what I did into this email. Can someone take a look and tell me
> what I should have done?

I believe the problem is that your working directory is not in clr.Path (a
Python list), which specifies paths in which to search for assemblies.

  >>> import clr
  >>> clr.AddReferenceToFile('IconTools.dll')
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File , line 0, in input##6
    File , line 0, in AddReferenceToFile##7
  RuntimeError: Could not add reference to assembly IconTools.dll
  >>> import os
  >>> clr.Path.append(os.getcwd())
  >>> clr.AddReferenceToFile('IconTools.dll')
  >>> import IconTools
  >>> IconTools
  <module IconTools (CLS module)>

HTH