[IronPython] Are two PythonEngine instances connected?

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue Apr 18 20:53:37 CEST 2006

We've been discussing this internally and we believe we actually have the right solution, but it's not trivial - so it looks like it'll happen in beta 7 (there's a small chance we may decide not to do it entirely still, but hopefully that won't happen).

The solution involves saving the system state in our caller context and flowing it to places that would load additional modules.  But theres a lot of details that we'll need to get right to make it all work, and it may uncover a few bugs in our caller context implementation as well.  So hopefully you can get along for the next month or so and we'll be able to get the work done for 1.0.

Do you want to help develop Dynamic languages on CLR?<http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=6D4754DE-11F0-45DF-8B78-DC1B43134038> (http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=6D4754DE-11F0-45DF-8B78-DC1B43134038)