[IronPython] Speed test

JoeSox joesox at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 23:08:41 CEST 2006

I completed one more IronPythonConsole.exe test.  I added the below
method to CNUDB.py
===
    def test(self,thefile):
        time1=time.time()
        self.load_predicates_file(thefile)
        time2=time.time()
        print "-- test took",str(round(time2-time1,2)),'seconds. --\n'
===

The results were a little better but I haven't thought about what all
this means as far as how to design my ConceptNet 2.1 Class Library.
But are are the results (from a Pentium4 3ghz 512RAM) for anyone who
is following this thread:
=====
IronPython 1.0.2280 (Beta) on .NET 2.0.50727.42
>>> import sys,time
>>> sys.path.append('E:\\')
>>> import CNUDB
>>> cn=CNUDB.ConceptNetDB()
>>> cn.test('E:\\machine_All.txt')

-- test took 0.37 seconds. --

>>> cn.test('E:\\machine_All.txt')

-- test took 0.08 seconds. --

>>> cn.test('E:\\machine_All.txt')

-- test took 0.06 seconds. --

>>> cn.test('E:\\machine_All.txt')

-- test took 0.06 seconds. --

>>> cn.test('E:\\machine_All.txt')

-- test took 0.06 seconds. --

=====
sum = .63

Almost the same .64 result as my first IronPythonConsole test.  So I
am still trying to get close to IDLE 1.1.2's  0.17 seconds result.
--
Joseph