[IronPython] Speed test

JoeSox joesox at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 04:13:16 CEST 2006

ok, retested using beta6:

C# previously referenced in this thread button4_Click() test: {.1875,
.078125, .078125, .062500, .078125}
sum = 0.484375
beats the previous beta5 sum of .608

IronPythonConsole test(file): {.03, .06, .05, .14, .05}*
sum = .33

2nd run (new IronPythonConsole instance)
{.17, .05, .05, .03, .06}
sum = .36

*now this test was done on my laptop (not the same computer I ran this
on earlier today not sure if that matters or not but I won't be able
to run the test until Monday on that machine)

Next, I just completed a run of my InitializeDB() method and it
finished with a faster time of
00:03:08.9062500

Faster, then beta5's finish time of
00:04:40.4845

about a second and a half improvement but Python still clocks in at
52.907753 seconds.  However, I need to perfom this same test(loading
the three predicate files and creating the dictionaries) in
IronPythonConsole.

Keep up the good work!
--
Joseph