[IronPython] Generated IL is always using the standard input, output and error streams.

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Thu Apr 27 17:38:25 CEST 2006

Yep, you're correct - SystemState is currently a singleton for the entire process.  We'll actually have this fixed in beta 7 where the system state is stored in a hidden spot in the module and we'll flow it as one module imports another.  That'll result in a set of modules being independent and 'belonging' to a single system state and allows multiple engines to be hosted simultaneously.

The engine does have a SetStderr / SetStdout / SetStdin API which should be used for this purpose.  And the nice thing is as we rev to the multi-System state module this API will remain unchanged so you won't be broken in the future.

Do you want to help develop Dynamic languages on CLR? (http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=6D4754DE-11F0-45DF-8B78-DC1B43134038)