[IronPython] IronPython 1.0 RC2

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Thu Aug 17 05:02:27 CEST 2006

Hello IronPython Community,

We have just released IronPython 1.0 RC2.  This build includes fixes for all known blocking issues against RC1, and we’re anticipating that this build will be the same as 1.0 final unless we hear otherwise.  We’re looking for any feedback, but in particular we’d like to know of any blocking issues discovered against this build or fundamental language incompatibilities.  Please try out the latest build over the next 2 weeks and let us know if you encounter any issues as soon as possible.

We'd like to thank everyone in the community for your bug reports and suggestions that helped make this a better release: Kevin Bjorke, Kevin Chu, Mark Rees, Stanislas Pinte, and Timothy Fitz.

Thanks and keep in touch,

The IronPython Team

More complete list of changes and bug fixes:
CodePlex bug 2199: ReflectedPackage exposes internal types
Several exception handling fixes including issue with break in except block
CodePlex 2014 - __getitem__ on old style classes cannot be called as x[1,2]
CodePlex 2015 - list.__rmul__ returns Ops.NotImplemented for subclass of long
CodePlex 2016 - Power with module on classes with __pow__ throws
CodePlex 2023 - Cannot convert class whose __int__ returns long to int
CodeDom reports file & line numbers based upon External Source information
CodeDom auto-adds unknown namespaces to import list
CodePlex 1752 - Issue with yield in finally
Bugfix: CodePlex 1388 - TypeError when calling __init__ with keyword argument 'args'
Bugfix: CodePlex 1886 - Powmod throws ValueError for large numbers
BugFix: CodePlex 1887 - powmod is very slow for large numbers
Bugfix: 1357 - MD5.Create call raises TypeError - multiple overloads conflict for static methods with same name in type hierarchy
Bugfix: CodePlex 1393 - "get_DefaultFont() takes exactly -1 arguments (-1 given)" when accessing static property with self (now a better error message)
Bugfix: CodePlex 1361 - help() function in ironpython shows incorrect behavior
Bugfix: CodePlex 1399 -Accessing generic methods requires use of explicit tuple syntax
Bugfix: CodePlex 1694 -Issue with yield in finally
Bugfix: CodePlex 1728 - ipy shows different output when we use   __new__
Bugfix: CodePlex 1731 - __init__ replaces the dictionary
Static type Compiler produces overflow exception with following script code in the web project integration with Visual Studio
Winforms tutorial tweaks
Bugfix: CodePlex 1417 - True division behaves differently for Execute and Evaluate on PythonEngine
Bugfix: CodePlex 1468 - List items are different when i use the htmlparser
Bugfix: CodePlex 1732 - ipy throws error instead of returning complex number