[IronPython] Debugging support PythonEngine

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 18 23:05:06 CEST 2006

Setting ClrDebuggingEnabled = true will only leak memory for the code executed using the PythonEngine.ExecuteFile API. Any other evals done by other Python modules that are loaded in the engine (using the import command) and code executed using PythonEngine.Evaluate or PythonEngine.Execute will still DynamicMethods.

However, setting with IronPython.Compiler.Options.GenerateDynamicMethods = false will use AssemblyBuilder for those cases too, and so will leak more memory.

We are working on providing documentation for PythonEngine. For now, the answer is simply that memory used by System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder, MethodBuilder, etc. can not be reclaimed whereas memory used by System.Reflection.Emit.DynamicMethod can be reclaimed