[IronPython] IronPython strptime for %H

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Fri Aug 25 02:33:51 CEST 2006

It's a bug - I've opened CodePlex bug #2557 to track it  http://www.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython&WorkItemId=2557 .  I've tentatively set this as a 1.01 bug, unfortunately the only workaround I can think of is to call the .NET DateTime.ToString() directly.

What's happening here is we prepend the % sign to tell the .NET DateTime parser that this is a custom date-time specifier.  But when there are multiple specifiers we shouldn't be adding it (as it's obviously a custom specifier) and it's actually invalid for us to do that.