[IronPython] VS2005 Iron Python

Charlie Moad cwmoad at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 17:29:28 CEST 2006

On 8/16/06, Jeff Collett <jcollett at oshtruck.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> A question for anyone using the VS2005 IronPython IDE.
> I start a python console app, but when I attempt to run it within VS2005 it
> just shows an empty console window.
> I can run the py program fine if I use the command line IronPython.
> I am wondering if/how one can run the program within the IDE.

Out of curiosity, does the VS Integration really work for anyone?  I
would love to be able to just have syntax highlighting, but every time
I create a project VS crashes with no apparent error.  I am able to
create and work with C# projects fine.  Any insight would be
appreciated. The output looks like this from the debugged launch:

'devenv.exe' (Managed): Loaded
'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC\Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.8.0\8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.8.0.dll',
No symbols loaded.
'devenv.exe' (Managed): Loaded
'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.MSXML\8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.MSXML.dll',
No symbols loaded.
'devenv.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'snippets1', No symbols loaded.
'devenv.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'snippets1.dll', No symbols loaded.
The program '[9648] devenv.exe: Managed' has exited with code
-1073741819 (0xc0000005).

Thanks,
     Charlie