[IronPython] VS2005 Iron Python

jcollett at oshtruck.com jcollett at oshtruck.com
Fri Aug 25 18:45:04 CEST 2006

Hi Charlie,
I wound up not using it that much. I followed Tutorial 7 in Tutorial that
cam with RC_2 and set up a project in VS2005
for IronPython and that worked rather well.
Jeff

             "Charlie Moad"
             <cwmoad at gmail.com
             Sent by:                  "Discussion of IronPython"
             users-bounces at lis         <users at lists.ironpython.com>
             ts.ironpython.com                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             08/25/2006 10:29          Re: [IronPython] VS2005 Iron Python
             AM

             Please respond to
               Discussion of
                IronPython
             <users at lists.iron
                python.com>

On 8/16/06, Jeff Collett <jcollett at oshtruck.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> A question for anyone using the VS2005 IronPython IDE.
> I start a python console app, but when I attempt to run it within VS2005
it
> just shows an empty console window.
> I can run the py program fine if I use the command line IronPython.
> I am wondering if/how one can run the program within the IDE.

Out of curiosity, does the VS Integration really work for anyone?  I
would love to be able to just have syntax highlighting, but every time
I create a project VS crashes with no apparent error.  I am able to
create and work with C# projects fine.  Any insight would be
appreciated. The output looks like this from the debugged launch:

'devenv.exe' (Managed): Loaded
'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC\Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.8.0
\8.0.0.0
__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.8.0.dll',
No symbols loaded.
'devenv.exe' (Managed): Loaded
'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.MSXML\8.0.0.0
__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.MSXML.dll',
No symbols loaded.
'devenv.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'snippets1', No symbols loaded.
'devenv.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'snippets1.dll', No symbols loaded.
The program '[9648] devenv.exe: Managed' has exited with code
-1073741819 (0xc0000005).

Thanks,
     Charlie