[IronPython] Newbie: using IronPython as a VBA replacement for Outlook scripting?

Ramon M. Felciano @ Yahoo felciano at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 26 03:59:04 CEST 2006

Hi --

I'm a Python developer that needs to do some light Outlook 2003
customization and am dreading VBA coding. However, I'm not ready to make
a full jump to VisualStudio development environment, tools, etc. Is it
possible to use IronPython as an alternative to VBA for this type of
scripting (i.e. create a new Outlook toolbar with buttons that call
IronPython code to do their stuff)?

Sorry if this is a bozo question. I'm not sure I fully understand the
relationship btw VBA and other MS languages, so this may be an
apples-and-oranges task. But any pointers to explanations or examples
would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Ramon