[IronPython] Groping in the dark

Patrick O'Brien sum.ergo.code at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 23:12:32 CET 2006

On 12/1/06, William Reade <william at resolversystems.com> wrote:

> Hi Patrick
>
> I haven't been able to see the anomalies you mention -- perhaps the
> following sample will help.
> ---------------------------
> import clr
> clr.AddReference("System.Windows.Forms")
>
> from System.Windows.Forms import (
>     Application, DockStyle, Form, Keys, MenuStrip, ToolStripMenuItem,
> ToolStripSeparator
> )

Thanks, William - that example helped a lot.  It looks like the anomalies
are due to my using entirely different classes to build my menu.  I got the
basic menu code from this article:

http://www.devsource.com/article2/0,1895,1989493,00.asp

It uses MainMenu instead of MenuStrip, MenuItem instead of
ToolStripMenuItem, etc.  So I guess there is more than one way to construct
a menu and I better look a bit more carefully at what I'm using to get the
job done.  :-)

Thanks again.

--
Patrick K. O'Brien