[IronPython] Possible problem with DockStyle.Fill

Patrick O'Brien sum.ergo.code at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 00:48:13 CET 2006

I've either found a bug or a misunderstanding on my part.  I'd appreciate
confirmation or either.  :-)

Running this bit of code the layout of the form appears as expected:

import clr
clr.AddReference('System.Windows.Forms')
import System.Windows.Forms as SWF

form = SWF.Form()
menu_strip = SWF.MenuStrip()
button = SWF.Button()
button.Dock = SWF.DockStyle.Fill
form.Controls.Add(button)
form.Controls.Add(menu_strip)
SWF.Application.Run(form)

Whereas in the following example the button is cut off by the menu:

import clr
clr.AddReference('System.Windows.Forms')
import System.Windows.Forms as SWF

form = SWF.Form()
menu_strip = SWF.MenuStrip()
button = SWF.Button()
button.Dock = SWF.DockStyle.Fill
form.Controls.Add(menu_strip)
form.Controls.Add(button)
SWF.Application.Run(form)

The only difference between the two bits of code is the order of the calls
to 'form.Controls.Add()'.  Is this expected, or is this a bug?

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech       http://www.orbtech.com