[IronPython] In IronPython for ASP.NET CTP, Why attribute injector mechanism only applies for Get, not Set?

David Ebbo David.Ebbo at microsoft.com
Mon Dec 18 22:27:11 CET 2006

Hi Neil,

I replied on the ASP.NET forum:
http://forums.asp.net/1501167/ShowThread.aspx

thanks,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com [mailto:users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com] On Behalf Of Neil(???)
Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2006 5:54 PM
To: users at lists.ironpython.com
Subject: [IronPython] In IronPython for ASP.NET CTP, Why attribute injector mechanism only applies for Get, not Set?

I found attribute injectors really simplified my work for creating an
application. such as the 'FindControl' shortcut for Controls. But it
only applies for getting a attribute from the target object, not Set.
for example, we can write:

a = ViewState.a

but it's not possible to write this:

ViewState.a = 'hello'

I don't know why IronPython only supports Get, but not Set operations
of a attribute injector. Can anybody tell me why?

Plus, there are no attribute injector support for the 'RepeaterItem'
type, and 'HttpSessionState'. I've implemented this by myself, and
added it to the Microsoft.Web.IronPython.dll, for my personal usage.

I'll appritiate you very much if someone tell me what's next for the
IronPython for ASP project, including new features introductions, I
really like it.

Best regards,

Neil Chen