[IronPython] Using IronPython classes in C#...

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue Feb 7 18:00:49 CET 2006

IronPython does have a compiler but it's not currently exposed.  Unfortunately it probably won't do what you want right now.  While it is getting compiled as an assembly the methods you define on a class don't show up as being methods in the IL, and your class doesn't show up as a normal class.  Instead everything ends up as being a bunch of functions, a derived "new type" (derived from your base type), and initialization code so we can later create instances of your "type".

Unfortunately this isn't an easy problem to solve, so there's on ETA on when exactly we'd have this support.