[IronPython] Question (Novice) on using Microsoft Excel viaIronPython

J. de Hooge info at geatec.com
Wed Feb 8 17:00:27 CET 2006

Sorry, I forgot where I found this, but maybe it helps.

# this example starts Excel, creates a new workbook,
# puts some text in the first and second cell
# closes the workbook without saving the changes
# and closes Excel.  This happens really fast, so
# you may want to comment out some lines and add them
# back in one at a time ... or do the commands interactively

from win32com.client import Dispatch

xlApp = Dispatch("Excel.Application")
xlApp.Visible = 1
xlApp.Workbooks.Add()
xlApp.ActiveSheet.Cells(1,1).Value = 'Python Rules!'
xlApp.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(1,2).Value = 'Python Rules 2!'
xlApp.ActiveWorkbook.Close(SaveChanges=0)
xlApp.Quit()
del xlApp

# raw_input("press Enter ...")

Kind regards