[IronPython] Understanding the code

J. Merrill jvm_cop at spamcop.net
Fri Feb 10 06:02:21 CET 2006

You know that the source code from IronPython is available, don't you?  So you're reflecting on the assemblies that IP generates?  That's perhaps not a fruitful use of your time, as they're planning on (major) changes to support making callable-from-other-.Net-languages DLLs / libraries.

At 11:06 PM 2/9/2006, Jeremy Stell-Smith wrote
>I'm currently spiking out an "IronRuby".  And I've been going to IronPython to see how y'all do things.  It's been helpful, but there's not a lot of documentation and it's taking some time to figure things out (though reflector has been real helpful :) ).
>
>I was wondering if anyone had an IM they'd be willing to volunteer for small stupid questions, like "why is half of Ops generated?" or "what's the difference between a function1 and a function2?"
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jeremy Stell-Smith
>XP Coach/Developer
>ThoughtWorks