[IronPython] IronPython 1.0 Beta 3 Released!

J. Merrill jvm_cop at spamcop.net
Tue Feb 21 21:50:17 CET 2006

Shouldn't the function below raise an exception if the object holds neither an assemnbly nor a string?  Silence should not be a translation of "we ignored what you passed in because it was not an expected type" !!

(Should there perhaps be another block supporting reference being an AssemblyName?  I don't know where a Python programmer would get one, however.)

At 12:36 PM 2/16/2006, Dino Viehland wrote (in part)
>[snip]
>Unfortunately then you'll start hitting the stack overflow bug that Jon reported.  His fix is close to being right, but really it should become:
>
>        private void AddReference(object reference) {
>            Assembly asmRef = reference as Assembly;
>            if (asmRef != null) {
>                AddReference(asmRef);
>                return;
>            }