[IronPython] 1.0 Beta 1 is out now!

Vagmi Mudumbai vagmi.mudumbai at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 06:05:06 CET 2006

On 1/1/06, Keith J. Farmer <kfarmer at thuban.org> wrote:
> That's what's needed.. WiX for Linux -- could call it LiX.
> MSBuild should be able to handle such a beast.

That would be a good idea. But what will you package it as? RPM/DEB or
host of other formats. I like Ubuntu and use it on my machine. But RPM
is promoted as a standard by LSB. I have personally found working with
DEB better than working with RPM. But that is just my opinion. I
completely understand that both the technologies achieve the same
thing in the end. Making it a RPM or DEB also means that you need to
have root privileges on the machine. Linux does not have concepts of
advertised installs.

'Given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow.'