[IronPython] Avalon tutorial

Martin Maly Martin.Maly at microsoft.com
Tue Jan 3 01:24:39 CET 2006

I may not have given clear answer last time. Here is the whole thing:

My winforms.py with the fix for Objects=>Runtime change:

import sys
sys.LoadAssemblyByName("System.Windows.Forms")
sys.LoadAssemblyByName("System.Drawing")
sys.LoadAssemblyByName("IronPython")

from System.Drawing import Size
from System.Windows.Forms import Form, Application
from System.Threading import Thread

# here is the change:
from IronPython.Runtime import CallTarget0

import IronPython

def thread_proc():
    global dispatcher
    dispatcher = Form(Size = Size(0,0))
    dispatcher.Show()
    dispatcher.Hide()
    Application.Run()

def callback(code):
    if code:
        dispatcher.Invoke(CallTarget0(code))
    else:
        Application.Exit()

t = Thread(thread_proc)
t.Start()
IronPython.Hosting.PythonEngine.ExecWrapper = callback

The interactive session using IP from the released zip file

C:\IronPython-1.0-Beta1\Tutorial>ip.bat
IronPython 1.0.2190 (Beta) on .NET 2.0.50727.42
>>> import winforms
>>> from System.Windows.Forms import *
>>> f = Form()
>>> f.Show()