[IronPython] IP Tutorial Error

Martin Maly Martin.Maly at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 4 17:40:38 CET 2006

You are correct. Actually, you are hitting the same problem that Steven Drucker reported yesterday. If the class is top-level (in the global namespace), IronPython won't import it. The simple workaround is to enclose the class in the namespace and then import

from namespace import class

I hope this helps. This is a bug that we introduced in Beta 1 and will fix it in the next release.

Martin