[IronPython] Some new bugs with asssembly loading...

Keith J. Farmer kfarmer at thuban.org
Thu Jan 5 03:23:41 CET 2006

Actually, I'm wondering about the usefulness of an assembly delimiter for the import statement.
IE, instead of clr.Add*, you have something more like:
from (FooAssembly, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089) import *
This maintains the from/import structure in current use -- it just expands the type that the first argument can handle to include, instead of a python library identifier, an assembly reference.  It'd be easier to parse, I think, when dealing with the whole IronPython->Assembly path, rather than hunting for scattered clr.Add* references.