[IronPython] Python Memory Usage

Bernard Graham bernardgraham at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 21:01:14 CET 2006

Hi

Thanks for the reply!

I will look into the things you proposed, but just to let you all know - my
project was referencing an older build IP and not the latest beta release.
As soon as I realized that and changed it, the memory usage completely
dropped down, event with creating a new instance of the PythonEngine.

Just for interest's sake: the reason I create a new engine is that in my
application it is possible for one script to make a call back to my c# host
application which might again invoke another python script.  If I cache the
PythonEngine, the two running scripts overrides each other's variables
(since they are all in the same scope).

I will probably have to look into object pooling, as you suggested.

Thanks again!

Bernard