[IronPython] IronPython kills CLR

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Fri Jan 13 21:56:55 CET 2006

Sorry for the delayed response - this is the same issue we're seeing with code not working properly at the console.  What's happening here is that we are making a call into TryGetLocal and passing in a variable of the wrong type (we end up passing in an instance of your Rectangle1 class but expect an instance of the Frame class where we can find the dictionary).

This was introduced by the changes to cleanup the leaks.  It is something that we're actively working on fixing.

One workaround would be to include:

if(False): locals()

inside of __init__ (as this will prevent us from creating a dynamic method for this method).  It's ugly, but it might unblock you for beta 1 and shouldn't have any cost other than the check for the if false.