[IronPython] Procedure for Posting Bugs

Jones, Larry Larry.Jones at aspentech.com
Fri Jan 20 20:35:47 CET 2006

This morning, I discovered that importing the unittest module from the
Python 2.4 libraries results in unexpected behavior.

My test code is:
import unittest

class MyTest(unittest.TestCase):

    def testFirst(self):
        self.failUnless(True)

    def testSecond(self):
        self.failIf(False)

if __name__ == '__main__':
    unittest.main()

The result of executing this script from the command line via the
IronPythonConsole is:
$ /usr/local/bin/ironpython/IronPythonConsole.exe unittesterror.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
c:\usr\home\jonesl\Employee\Current\ProductDir\ResearchAndDevelopment\als_se
curity\proto_azn\unittesterror.py, line 14, i
n Initialize
  File , line 0, in __init__$f78
  File c:\Python24\Lib\unittest.py, line 758, in __init__$f78
  File c:\Python24\Lib\unittest.py, line 787, in parseArgs$f80
  File c:\Python24\Lib\unittest.py, line 507, in loadTestsFromModule$f55
  File c:\Python24\Lib\unittest.py, line 495, in loadTestsFromTestCase$f54
  File c:\Python24\Lib\unittest.py, line 570, in getTestCaseNames$f58
  File , line 0, in Sort
  File , line 0, in QuickSort
  File , line 0, in GetPivotValue
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File , line 0, in GetPivotValue
Exception: Failed to compare two elements in the array.

The result of executing this same script from Python is:
$ python unittesterror.py
..
Ran 2 tests in 0.016s

OK

After posting the bug, I discovered that by directly invoking the
TextTestRunner directly instead of calling unittest.main(), IronPython
executes the tests correctly.

Thanks!