[IronPython] md5 for IronPython

Shawn Farkas Shawn.Farkas at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 26 18:43:31 CET 2006

The reason we use a string is that it's actually a fully pluggable framework.  For instance, someone in the NSA could have a top-secret hash algorithm that we didn't put into the framework.  They could implement it themselves, register it in machine.config, and then do HashAlgorithm.Create("SuperSecretNSAHash") and it would work.

-Shawn