[IronPython] IronPython 1.0 Beta 2 on Mono

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 04:24:23 CET 2006

For the first time, I think, current Mono release can run this new
IronPython release. Nice! I am using Mono from Debian

However, some modules that worked on Beta 1 won't work with this
IronPython/Mono combination. This is not IronPython's fault. I
discovered this while trying to run some unittests.

>>> import unittest
Missing member IsDaylightSavingTime in type DateTime, assembly

In other words, anything importing time probably won't work right.

Then it's natural to try to compile from source with workarounds.
Unfortunately, Beta 2 now uses partial classes which Mono's compiler
can't compile yet. This is Mono bug #77027. There's a patch on the
bug, but I haven't tried it yet.

As usual, the status would improve shortly. But this is how it is
currently. Just to let you know. :-)

Seo Sanghyeon