[IronPython] IronPython 1.0 Beta 2 on Mono

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 04:24:23 CET 2006

For the first time, I think, current Mono release can run this new
IronPython release. Nice! I am using Mono 1.1.13.1 from Debian
unstable.

However, some modules that worked on Beta 1 won't work with this
IronPython/Mono combination. This is not IronPython's fault. I
discovered this while trying to run some unittests.

>>> import unittest
Missing member IsDaylightSavingTime in type DateTime, assembly
/usr/lib/mono/2.0/mscorlib.dll

In other words, anything importing time probably won't work right.

Then it's natural to try to compile from source with workarounds.
Unfortunately, Beta 2 now uses partial classes which Mono's compiler
can't compile yet. This is Mono bug #77027. There's a patch on the
bug, but I haven't tried it yet.

As usual, the status would improve shortly. But this is how it is
currently. Just to let you know. :-)

Seo Sanghyeon