[IronPython] Simpy working under IronPython1.0beta2

Martin Maly Martin.Maly at microsoft.com
Mon Jan 30 19:45:34 CET 2006

Thanks, this is good news!

As for the "from __future__ import generators" ...

While IronPython does recognize the statement on syntactical level, it is then the execution of the statement that fails because IronPython distribution doesn't contain the __future__.py file. In this case, IronPython needs presence of the standard Python libraries directory on its sys.path. With the following in my site.py:

import sys

I can run following script:

from __future__ import generators
print generators

without error and with output:

_Feature((2, 2, 0, 'alpha', 1), (2, 3, 0, 'final', 0), 4096)

Hope this helps