[IronPython] Importing embedded .py files

JoeSox joesox at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 09:47:24 CEST 2006

On 7/4/06, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
> JoeSox wrote:
> > This is working except two of the embedded .py files import each
> > other, so no matter which one I place first, it errors out.
> Try creating the empty modules and putting them in sys.modules first. I
> think this is basically what the import machinery does in cases of
> circular imports.

Yes, that worked.
Now the only error I get from my project is still the
"Unable to translate bytes [81] at index 0 from specified code page to Unicode"
coming from the array.py file I am using
http://codespeak.net/svn/user/nik/array_py/trunk/src/array.py

It sounds like some incoming arraytype is set incorrectly but I doubt
it because I haven't changed much of the code in the ConceptNet
modules.  There must be something different between that array.py file
and Python's builtin array but I have no idea since I really can't
find the actual sourcecode for Python's array module.
Also, I forget if I had it working with this new array.py file or my
old array.py file.

Anyway, I appreciate the help.
--
Later, Joe